19 April 2015

Currently | 19 April

Time and Place // 9:24pm on the couch

Eating and Drinking // Redd's Apple Ale

Watching // A little bit of everything and as such nothing really stands out right now. I may have to re-watch Sherlock soon. I miss that crazy high functioning sociopath.

Listening // I have Good Omens on audio in the car at present, and I have to admit that while I am loving these books on tape, I do miss my music. I never listen to music anymore.

Blogging // I've been absent lately, but I have two reviews going up this week. One for the most amazing and awesome audio of Kathryn Stockett's The Help; another for the much more mediocre House of Night series.

Contemplating // Did I make the right decision to enroll in a Masters in Literature program? I hope so as it's done, but doubt keeps niggling my brain.

Teaching // Unsure. I was on maternity leave for the first 8 weeks of the semester, and jumping in at that point has been crazy. Typically at this point in the semester, the class is a community, we are friends and colleagues and co-learners. Not so this semester. I still don't know their names for heaven's sake. Things are going well, but I'm working at it pretty hard compared to normal.

Anticipating // I start Graduate Studies in Medieval Literature on April 27, and I am so excited! Oh, and MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Yeah buddy, my birthday is this Wednesday. Go me!

Hating // The excess weight I just can't lose. I shall have to find some willpower and effort soon.

Avoiding // Starting the new diet and exercise program.

Wishing // I could magically melt the fat off my body.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, double celebration coming up! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday on Wednesday! And graduate studies? Sounds exciting and intense and...! :)

    Ugh. My body definitely didn't spring back as quickly after 2. Of course much of that is less time for exercising (um, or more time for sleeping). I did have good results when I quit all added sugar (including gluten-y type things)...but then I added it back in. Oops!

    Have a great birthday lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Is there ever a wrong time to watch Sherlock? I don't think so.

    Ooo, Good Omens. You remind me I need to listen to that. Wasn't The Help on audio amazing? It's even better than the movie, and that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a bit of a blogging lull for most of us right now! :)

    Weight...my constant drudgery!

    And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (A little early...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those last three. Yes. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!