31 May 2015

Currently | 31 May

Time and Place // Who knows? It's summer.

Feeling // Currently, I'm feeling like an idget. I forgot to publish like three posts for Heart of Darkness May, so ladies and gentlemen, I am extending the month through this week. Coming up I have posts applying Psychoanalytic Theory, Queer Theory, and Deconstruction.

Blogging // I am starting a new feature here called Medieval Monday to highlight some of the awesome texts and concepts I am tackling in my Graduate Studies in Medieval Literature course. On deck, I have posts on Anglo-Saxon poetry, one of Marie de France's lais, Beowulf (of course), Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, and The Wife of Bath.

Reading // The Happiness Project. I've read two chapters - the first I loved as it was about organizing and decluttering. The second chapter was a bit meh; it was on marriage and family. I'm already getting excited to start applying some of the strategies to my own life. I'm also, obviously, spending a lot of time reading Medieval Literature and journal articles about said Medieval Literature.

Anticipating // I start two new courses tomorrow through the University of St. Francis's online program: Foundations of Educational Technology and Using Tech to Flip Learning. I am very, very excited. I have (shock, shock) never taking an "Education" course. As a college professor, my background is in my subject area, English, not in Education. And what makes these courses even more exciting is the focus on technology. I teach online and hybrid courses almost exclusively, so I'm constantly looking for new idea. In case you don't know what flipped learning looks like:



What's everyone doing these days?

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your Medieval Monday posts. Let us know how the education class goes. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! oh oh - exciting. I REALLY hope to finish the HoD today but... considering I just opened a beer? and I have things-to-do yet today? Um. not sure reading gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and if I had read beyond the statement that you are posting MORE for hod, I would have seen that you are taking an EdTech class and that has me jumping up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Medieval Monday! You are going to inspire me to pick up some books this summer. I can feel it. Good luck with your online classes. Coming from the education sector and being a professional student myself, it amazes me that college professors don't have to take any education classes. I'm sure you don't need them but there are SOOOOO many that do!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!