14 June 2015

Currently | 14 June

Reading // Still reading The Happiness Project and just started The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian. Both are good reads, but as is typical these days, trying to find the time to read is difficult. I may have to write a post on this issue by the way as I got rather testy when someone suggested I just wasn't making reading a priority and that having the time to read was merely a matter of choice. This person obviously does not have two children, a full time job, and a farming husband. Or perhaps she does not need sleep. Anyway, as I said, I may need to write a post.

Blogging // My blogging is really booming currently as I'm pretty far prepped out with Medieval Mondays and Top 10 Tuesdays. I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm thinking I should probably do some reading and maybe review a book or two just to maintain my book blog status.

Watching // Numb3rs. I loved this show the first time around, and I'm still in love with it. I'm watching it every chance I get to the exclusion of every other show. For those not in the know, Numb3rs is a show about two brothers: one an FBI agent and one a math genius. It's action packed. It's geeky. It's awesome.

Learning // Along with my Medieval Lit course, I am taking Foundations of Educational Technology through the University of St. Francis. Designed to familiarize students with various software and online programs suitable for student learning, the course is highly relevant for me as I teach all hybrid and online courses. The only problem I'm running into is that the other students in the class all teach grade school or high school and as such most of their suggestions are not easily adaptable to college level courses. But we are only in week 2 so I do have high hopes for the remaining 6 weeks.

Hating // My bad luck. I bought a Fitbit, and I was loving it, and then I got a rash. Now, no Fitbit.

Avoiding // Writing my final research paper for my Medieval Literature course. I decided to explore the two roles of women - mediator and mischief-maker - but I'm finding my exploration rather tedious as it primarily consists of saying the same thing about multiple female characters. I need to find a hook that gets my juices flowing.

Wishing // I could find some motivation to work out. I was going strong for about three weeks, but I am already in a serious rut.

Loving // Aren't my little lovelies adorable? C-Bug and Goose



11 comments:

  1. 1. Whoever told you that you weren't making reading a priority obviously has no idea what they're talking about. Reading is good and all - yes, I adore reading - but seriously, you have two very young children and a job and a life. If anyone expects you to put your books above your family or job, they need a good reality check.

    2. Did you get one of those Fitbit bracelet thingies? I haven't tried them, but Fitbit itself is generally pretty awesome about fixing issues that you might have, and it's possible that if you contact them with this problem, they might let you trade in your bracelet thingy for one of the Fitbits that hang on your change pocket. I have a Fitbit One, and adore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To #1, I completely agree. It's always people without kids who think that the reason I can't read is because I'm not "prioritizing" it. May slap someone one day.

      To #2, I thought about getting one that clips to my pants....

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I didn't know about Numb3rs. Must find it! And yes, those little lovelies are indeed adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe someone said that to you about reading. Insane and highly rude.

    The Fitbit caused a rash? Ugh! Did you contact them? Their customer service is amazing. They might be able to do something to make it up to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just returned it, so no big deal. Too bad though as it was a great motivator.

      Delete
  4. Those two kidlets are just too darned cute! I don't get the Fitbit craze, but maybe that's just me. And since you broke out in a rash, and I am sensitive to so much stuff, probably wise for me not to get too interested anyway! And you're doing awesomely! You blog, and read (whatever time you get to do so), and you take care of your family, and you hold down a full-time job, and...you are completing coursework! I think your time management skills are topnotch! :) Pooh on that person who suggested otherwise! :)~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, sorry you haven't been able to get much reading time in. Sounds like you've got a crazy full schedule! At least the kids who are pulling you away from your books are the cutest little nuggets ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet kiddos! FUN ed tech!!! I just use my iphone to track steps and tho I suppose it doesn't capture everything a fitbit would, I do love it measuring my steps. AND... I think you are already superwoman so surely you can figure out how to squeeze in reading some silly easy YA book while blogging analysis of Beowulf and Heart of Darkness. Come on, what's wrong with you?! #justkidding #heehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you blog as much as you do, let alone find time to read. Supermom! Multitasking is your super power. Impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!