23 June 2015

Top 10 Top 10s

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the list of future topics click here.

My Ten Favorite Top Ten Topics We've Ever Done In The Past 5 Years

Loved But Not Blogged : 3 August 2011 : For this post, we talked about books we loved but never reviewed. I mainly discussed books read prior to blogging such as The Crimson Petal and the White, Lord of the Rings, Middlesex, and White Oleander. Many of the books on this list I still have fond feelings for and really should re-read and review.

Friendship : 20 May 2014 : Who doesn't like reading about friends? I  originally thought I was going to have a hard time with this one, but once I got started, I found it hard to stop. I included books like Holes, Of Mice and Men, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, and The Outsiders.

Classic Novels : 1 July 2014 : I firmly believe people need to read more classics, so this topic floated my boat. Go read this post. And then go read the books I recommended, especially The Monk, House of the Dead, Inferno, and Middlemarch. And the rest too. Yep. All of them.

Halloweeny Books and Movies : 28 October 2014 : Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I was well prepared to offer some recommendations for reading and viewing fun. I suggested five movies and five books; the top suggestion from movies was Hocus Pocus, the top from books was Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Feminist Classics : 3 February 2015 : This is a category I care about, so having a list of 10 books on the subject all in one post is a great reminder for me. I recently purchased a few books on the list including Bad Feminist, How to Be a Woman, and The Second Sex.

Books to Re-Read : 4 November 2014 : I am an avid re-reader; I truly enjoy picking up an already familiar book and diving into the experience all over again. A few books I chose for this post include ones I haven't read for over a decade such as Go Ask Alice, Winesburg OH, Middlesex, and The Bell Jar.

Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't : 13 May 2014 : I think I like this one because it is so very specific and unique. I tend to put down books I don't like, and this gave me the opportunity to stretch the definition to books that I loved so much I didn't want to end, such as The Night Circus, and books that were so painful to read such as Room.

Not My Cup of Tea : 8 November 2011 : For this post, we listed ten books we read which were outside our comfort zone. My zone is rather wide but still I don't read everything. I listed books such as Auntie Mame (a winner), The House of the Dead (a knockout), and My Sister's Keeper (pffft).

Bookish Romance Likes and Dislikes : 10 February 2015 : As this post gave me the chance to gush about my love of bookish romances and then rage at my pet peeves, I'm a big fan of this topic. Go read if interested.

My Number One Favorite

Dynamic Duos : 8 March 2011 : This week's prompt was on "the BFFs, partners in crime, powerful couples, and general groups of awesome people that I just can't get out of my head" and boy did I have fun with it, primarily in the area of pictures which included the gorgeousness and awesomeness of Sherlock and Holmes, Dean and Sam, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, Eric and Pam, Benedict and Beatrice, Remus and Sirius, and Zaphod and Zaphod.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to do the dynamic duos! :)

    Check out my TTT and Unpopular Opinions Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN I missed some good ones in the years I wasn't really blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lists! I'm saving some of these for blogging ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha! I didn't realize you have been Top Ten Tuesday-ing for so long :-)

    I still have The Martian! I am totally delinquent on getting it back to you, but I am AWARE of my delinquency and have plans to rectify it if ever it doesn't rain on a weekend... I promise!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!