02 June 2015

Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the list of future topics click here.

Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows

If given a big enough budget, I'd love to see Maggie Stiefvater's The Scorpio Races turned in to a tv series. The world is so very fascinating to me, as are the characters, so I think you could definitely get  a solid chunk of seasons out of it. Maybe the WB or CW or whatever the hell it's called would like to option it.

Since the book is so visual, I think The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern would really work as a movie or a television mini-series. Someone please tell me this is happening.

Ready Player One  by Ernest Cline with its techie retro vibe should be immediately made into a movie. Immediately. And clearly Wil Wheaton should be in it.

Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking series is one of the best series I've ever read, and to see it come to life as a (well done, please) movie would be truly spectacular. And yet, I have no idea how they would translate this book to the big screen as the form of it was part of my enjoyment.

Dante's Inferno as a big-budget, star-studded blockbuster would rock my world. I absolutely love this story, and its recreation on the screen seems wildly entertaining.

The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger would be an absolutely wonderful television series. Who doesn't want to watch a steampunk supernatural romance with a kickass female lead wielding a weaponized parasol?

Emma Donaghue's Room should be made into a movie; and yet, I am unsure I would actually go see it.

gods behaving badly. Seriously, Marie Phillip's creative and zany novel would be so much fun as a tv series. And if anyone is considering this, please do not make the gods teenagers. Please and thank you.

As my second-to-last suggestion, I would like to formally request the Eragon film be re-made.

For my last one, I would like to suggest a book that I have not read and can't bring myself to read for whatever reason; and yet, I would really like to know the story: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

8 comments:

  1. Several of those are on my list too - and I love the idea of the Gail Carriger books as movies or tv shows! As for that last one...I think it would definitely work better as a book than a movie, especially if they took out the rape-culture stuff. That so left a bad taste in my mouth. I never read any further than the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room and Chaos Walking would be great!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both The Scorpio Races and The Night Circus made my list as well. How fantastic would it be to see Thisby and the Circus on the big screen? Wouldn't say no to seeing Ready Player One or Chaos Walking either to be fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Ready Player One! It is supposed to become a movie, although not many details yet: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping to read The Knife Of Never Letting Go over the summer. The Scorpio Races has apparently been optioned as a film, but that was a while ago and I'm not sure what's happened since.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let alone go for Room, I doubt I could ever read it again. Your choices are interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no brilliant ideas about how to make the Chaos Walking books into a movie, but I did a while ago have the utterly brilliant idea of casting Viggo Mortensen as the Mayor. It would be casting against type, I know, but the more I think about it, the more into it I am. It would be like a mashup of Aragorn and the character he plays in Eastern Promises. Need to start a hashtag campaign to make this happen. :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gods Behaving Badly would make a great tv series. I didn't finish the book but think it would be an excellent idea for tv.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!