10 July 2015

The Awesome Book I'm Reading

Tales of Innocence and Experience by Eva Figes rocks. Go now and buy it. I'll wait.

Okay, back? Right then.

'This is a story of childhood, of innocence and its fragility. Of the particular bond between the very old and the very young, living on the edge, sharing the moment. It is a special kind of love story. The wolf, anyhow, is always part of the plot.'  - GoodReads

I found this book through Ana over at things mean a lot who wrote a concise and intriguing review of the book back in March. Ana caught me with her claim that the book is "about how the darkness of the metaphorical fairy tale forest parallels the darkness of life; about the roles of older women in traditional stories; and especially about using fairy tales as a tool to tell a child that the world isn’t always safe." Now tell me you don't want to find out what's going on in this book?

I am 2/3rds done, and I actually put the book down even though I still had reading time left because I do not want the book to end. I shall now sit in silence and simply let the story so far roll through my brain.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're enjoying it, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how interesting. I've not heard of this one but it sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you sold me - I just added it to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goody -- when Ana reviewed this, I forgot to check one of my library catalogues to see if they had it. And now I have checked again and they DO have it which means I can read it. Goody goody goody.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!