21 July 2015

Top 10: Celebrating Diversity

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the list of future topics click here.

Ten Books That Celebrate Diversity/Diverse Characters 
(example: features minority/religious minority, socioeconomic diversity, disabled MC, neurotypical character, LGBTQ etc etc.)

  1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
  2. will grayson, will grayson by David Levithan and John Green
  3. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
  4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  5. Women by Annie Leibowitz
  6. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
  7. The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
  8. The Duke Who Outlawed Jelly Beans and Other Stories by Johnny Valentine
  9. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  10. Freak Show by Robert Bogdan

5 comments:

  1. I really need to read that Mark Haddon book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Divergent, Will Greyson (especially David Levithan's WG) and Curious Incident. I've just ordered True Diary and really looking forward to it. Great list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 19th wife was a great book!
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-books-that-celebrate.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divergent? Really? I may have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list. Now that you've mentioned Women, I want to look at my copy again.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!