03 April 2007

Spring Break

It is Day 2 of my Spring Break. On Day 1, I started grading, did laundry, read two books, cooked a great dinner, played online, sat outside and worked on summer schedules for my courses, and did not turn on the tv once. Day 2....10am....bored. I have plenty of grading left; I could go buy books at Borders; I bought a lot of ingredients to freeze some food, so I could cook; the house could be cleaned; I really should go work out. And I don't feel like doing one bit of it. I got up at 8 am, showered, and have been on the computer ever since. I'm lazy today. I suppose technically I can be, but not getting done with stuff today just means it will be there tomorrow. That's the problem with being an adult; I don't have anyone to do this stuff for me if I slack too long. I need a maid, a cook, and a personal trainer. And maybe a TA to do my grading for me. The big question though is: If I had all of those things, what would I do? Nothing?

TimeLoop

Okay, I ended up being mildly productive on Day 2. Getting a few more papers graded and reading three books (all trashy romance novels so this is not impressive). Day 3 I finally left the house, bought more books and a chair for my new grading papers room aka The Mouth of Hell. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. I also finalized everything on my new kitchen, so now we are ready to really get down to business. It is Day 4. I graded a few more papers, read one more romance novel, and spent the remainder of my time playing online. I may decide to shower today. Then again, I may not. I can't wait to see what Day 5 will bring...besides a scramble to get the rest of the papers graded.

Oooh, and I would like to point out that I have not watched television for 4 days now. But I've read seven books.....

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I don't want the week to end! I graded five English I papers and quit. I decided I can only deal with them five at a time. My goal is to get them done today, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's been about my limit: 5 papers a day. I didn't get near the amount done as I wanted to..or needed to for that matter. Lazy, lazy Trisha.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!