03 June 2009

Day 1: 50 minutes

Time: 50 mins
Conditions: Cold and Windy
Speed: Fast

Well I just got in my first ride. I was really testing the bike out, switching gears, seeing how sharp I can turn, braking fast and slow, and the such not. It is so weird being on a bike again. The idea that you can remember how to do something just 'like riding a bike' is definitely true. My body picked up the rhythm and balance of bike riding pretty fast. I'll be shouting 'look mom, no hands' by the end of my ride tomorrow.

I have one minor regret about my purchase. I probably should have front wheel suspension; those bumps are going to be killer on the arms for longer rides. But I'm trying to look at that as a better workout for my upper body.

I would have gone longer today but I have big plans for dinner and needed to head back home. Tomorrow I'm going to see how long I can ride around Momence - we'll see if I crack from boredom, sore legs, or breathing.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like good biking weather for you these next few days! (Are you sure you wouldn't rather be teaching this summer? Hahahah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would be bored not teaching. But I'm loving it. Right now I'm going to grab a bite for lunch and then I'm off on a bike ride. Much better than grading papers.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!