02 October 2009

Trisha on TV


Just one short week from my last tv post and I've already developed new loves. I'm trying for two sentences and no more on my TV wrap-up.

NCIS x2
Both NCIS and NCIS:LA disappointed a bit the first week but picked up in week 2. I felt there was more action in both although they are still character-driven dramas, but what characters!

Lie to Me
I just love this show. Tim Roth is the perfect Dr. Lightman, quizzically staring at people and getting in their face in his almost-too-perfect lie detecting way.

FlashForward
Two episodes in and I am very intrigued by this show; although I'm a bit unsure about the whole "I'm with another man in the future" mini-plot as it could be overplayed.

Vampire Diaries and Fringe
Okay, these I have on DVR still...I'm watching so many freaking shows right now I haven't had time.

Castle
Nathan Fillion is one of the most interesting actors on TV. His character and his interaction with his character's family is the main reason I watch this show.

The Mentalist
My feelings for Simon Baker are not quite making up for the now familiar plotline of this show. I'm hoping some pizazz is added soon, so I don't have to drop it.

Criminal Minds
I have enjoyed this show since the beginning, and this season is shaping up to be no exception. It is consistently entertaining, interesting, and oddly insightful.

How I Met Your Mother
This would be the one true love on television these days for the hubby, Mr. T, and I have to admit that it is hilarious, completely hilarious. On a side note, I have to find "stripper Trisha".

The Big Bang Theory
I love Sheldon, seriously. I want to do bad things to him which is a bit disturbing.

The Forgotten and Eastwick
I've just given up. No more on these snoozers. Sorry to those who like them; I don't mean to offend.

And on DVD...

True Blood : Screw the two-sentences idea for this one
HOLY HELL. I just went from a luke-warm fan of the books to a damn fanatic. I love this show. I went through all of Season 1 in three days. (In my defense, I haven't been feeling so well, so sedentary activities were best...not that I wouldn't have done the same thing had I been feeling well.) Even Mr. T is now hooked; although he's only on episode 2. And believe me, that's saying something as Mr. T is not particulary involved with television. God love Alan Ball: American Beauty, Six Feet Under, and now True Blood. Now how soon can I see Season 2?

So what are you guys watching these days?

5 comments:

  1. Flash Forward shows some real promise. I love Criminal Minds, The Closer and Lie to Me. I have Castle in my Netflix que. I want to watch Season 1 before I start on Season 2, although I'm DVR-ing them. Another new one I like so far is Modern Family - very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly, I am not a big tv person, only because I never have the time to actually sit down and watch (unless it's at 2am, but thus far I've been unwilling to sacrifice sleep for tv).

    But that said, I have loved the episodes of Castle and agree with your assessment whole-heartedly. :)

    And weird about the True Blood thing: I saw a few episodes before I ever read one of the books and strangely, didn't like the show but loved the books. Not sure why? Maybe I just prefer my blood and gore to be in books, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booklogged - I forgot about Modern Family! But holy heavens do I have time to watch any more tv? I'm already backed up and we're only two weeks in to the season. :)

    Michele - That's hilarious! I wonder how much my opinion of the show is colored by my reading of the books and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish - I know, I know! Everyone is raving about Glee, but for some reason, I haven't added it to my to watch list. I watch so much freaking tv it's kind of pitiful. Although most of the time, I have the show on and I'm also blogging or grading, sometimes even reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!