02 October 2009

September Wrap-Up

The month of September was slow in the number of books, only 9 read, but not too shabby in page numbers. I read 2,552 pages, not including readings for my classes, magazines, or abandoned books. This also doesn't include my Google Reader, but it really should as I now spend as much time reading blogs as I do books! Not that I'm complaining!

READ...

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris (291)
Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris (295)
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman (384)
Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis (299)
The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole (115)
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris (324)
The Stranger by Albert Camus (123)
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (410)
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (311)

ABANDONED...

Greek Homosexuality by K.J. Dover

CHALLENGES FINISHED...

Take a Chance Challenge
R.I.P. IV Challenge

CHALLENGE UPDATE...

Dream King Challenge: 7/12 books and 3/5 movies
Sookie Stackhouse Challenge: 6/9 or 10?
Back to School Challenge: 2/4
SciFi Challenge: 0/8
100+ Challenge: 75/100
A-Z Challenge: 21/26

PROJECTS...

The Classics Circuit: I've been working with Rebecca of Rebecca Reads, along with some other wonderful bloggers, on starting up The Classics Circuit, a monthly tour of authors currently incapable of participating in their own tour (because they're dead, like really dead). Our first author is Wilkie Collins, and his tour, which you should really go sign up for, will be in November. Elizabeth Gaskell is next on the list.

Banned Books Challenge: I've started my first challenge, a year-long challenge asking participants to read and review books on the ALA's most challenged books list(s). I hope all of you join in!

NOTEWORTHY POSTS...

David Levithan on Censorship at She is Too Fond of Books : Boo for Censorship!
Jennifer Gordon takes on Autumn at Stainless Steel Droppings : Absolutely beautiful images
Honesty at Drink Life to the Lees : Amazing short story
Speak at Trish's Reading Nook : A personal review
I said I wanted to read..not bleed at Book, Line, and Sinker : Hilarious!

WHAT'S COMING...

The 24 Hour Read-a-Thon! I'm a read-a-thon virgin, so I'm both nervous and excited. The big day is October 24, so be sure to mark your calendars.

10 comments:

  1. You are going to have SO MUCH FUN at the read-a-thon!! I'm terribly jealous - have a family wedding that weekend, so can't participate. I was a cheerleader last time, and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! I'm glad you're joining the readathon. April was my first time, and it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Readathon virgin?????? Ahhhhh! It's so great. :D I've been waiting since...April from October to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Classics Circuit idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like September was a great month for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, Amanda, and Trish: I seriously can't wait! My only worry is that I have a party the night before, so it sounds like two days with very very little sleep!

    Michele - I hope you are signed up for the Wilkie Collins' tour. It should be fun.

    Lola - September was definitely a good month. Here's hoping October is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up for the Read-a-thon for the first time too. I've already warned my husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy - I've been telling Mr. T over and over again that he has to be completely non-annoying on the 24th and entertain himself. We'll see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great month! I enjoyed The Handmaid's Tale when I read it in college several years ago. Have fun with the readathon. I participated in April but not sure if I can this time around. It's a lot of fun!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna - That book was just so wonderful. I hope you get to join the readathon. I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!