24 May 2010

Welcome to eclectic / eccentric!

Welcome to all visitors from BEA and Blogger Con!


About eclectic / eccentric
For new visitors, eclectic / eccentric is a blog which primarily features book reviews written by someone who sees value in both Hamlet and Harry Potter. Classic lit, graphic novels, SFF, YAL, plays, films, it's all here. Books reviewed on the blog are from my personal collection (which is embarrassingly large), the library, and from authors and publishing houses.

eclectic / eccentric came about because I love stories and sharing those stories with others. My job feeds my passion as I am lucky enough to be a college professor teaching composition, literature, and film courses.  For more about me and information on how to contact me, visit the About page.

Past Reviews
If you are interested in seeing what books I've written on in the past, I have two possibilities for searching.  You can find reviews by author or by title.  I also review films from time to time, and those posts can be found under the film review label

Commenting
For those new to the blogging world, a note on commenting might be in order.  Receiving comments on posts is sort of the gold star for bloggers.  Like needy children, we check our blogs daily to see if anyone has left us a note.  Okay, so it may not be that desperate...er, yeah it probably is for most of us.  It's just too exciting for us book geeks to get to talk to others about our passion.  To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of a post and look for the line that looks something like this:  Posted by Trisha at 9:00 am 6 comments.  If you click on "comments", you will be redirected to a screen where you can say tons of wonderful things about the post (or correct my grammar, ask questions, just say hi...).

Subscribing
If you like what you see, you might consider subscribing to eclectic / eccentric by clicking on the appropriate drop down menu at the top of my left-hand sidebar.  You can also follow through Blogger by clicking on the Follow button in the left-hand sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by eclectic / eccentric, and I look forward to getting to know you!

8 comments:

  1. Love your blog, and have told my friends about this.
    I have to let them know, b/c it's an awesome, unique site.

    Thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd stop by and say "heeeyyyyy"--you'll have to just imagine the voice I'm saying it in. Complete with hand motions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - It was good to meet you at the Harper Collins reception Wed night! I look forward to reading more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Hope you made it home okay. We def have to get together sometime since you live so close :)
    -Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeeeeyyy :)

    It was nice to meet you over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Empress - Thanks so much! I'm so glad I found your blog too.

    Cass - Heeeeyyyy!!!

    Booksnyc - Great meeting you too!

    Jess - Definitely!

    Kim - Heeeyyy!!!! Great meeting you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a fantastic time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy - It was too much fun! Wish you were there!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!