18 June 2010

BEA Books 5: Fiction

Time for the fourth set of wonderful books I picked up while in NYC for BEA and BBC. The first pile I offered up for your viewing pleasure included all of the signed copies; the second set was non-fiction; the third contemporary adult fiction.  Here we have the second half of fiction I picked up.  For the most part, these are contemporary YAL novels.

The (rather giant) list:


Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
Birth of a Killer by Darren Shan
The Gift by James Patterson
Nomansland by Lesley Hauge
Adios, Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoeft
Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Jekel loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey
How to Grow Up and Rule the World by Vordak T. Incomprehensible
The Boneshaker by Kate Milford
Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti
Home is with Our Family by Joyce Hansen
Annexed by Sharon Doggar
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

The Book of Nonsense by David Michael Slater
Matched by Ally Condie
The Outside Boy by Jeanine Cummins
Danger in the Dark by L. Ron Hubbard
If I Were You by L. Ron Hubbard
Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
I'll Get There. It Better Be Worth the Trip. by John Donovan
Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Salvation City by Sigrid Nunez
Trance by Linda Gerber
Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore
Marvin Invents Music by Monte and Claire Montgomery
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Dust by Joan Frances Turner
Petrodor by Joel Shepherd
Hero by Mike Lupica

Once again, I'd like to ask you guys if there are any on this list that stand out as must-reads?

11 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. I read Matched and it was pretty good. I don't get a lot of these, I will be counting on you to find out what is what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Tyger, Tyger now. It's very good, kind of different. Set in American, but with a distinctly Irish feel.

    The one I regret not getting is Matched. I'm hearing good things and there is definitely a large YA blogger buzz around that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say Deb Caletti! She's an excellent writer and she goes far deeper than many YA authors. I haven't read either of the ones you got, but I'd love to read either one with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly made the most of BEA! I don't know if I want to hear about the UPS bill though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of books. I'm looking forward to Red Moon Rising. I wonder if Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton references the poem by Blake?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each pile has been so gigantic! As Sandy said, you sure made the most of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some great looking books! I really enjoyed Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton! (You can find my interview with her here : http://www.25hourbooks.com/2010/05/interview-with-kersten-hamilton-author-of-tyger-tyger/).

    Excited to see your review of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't read any of these but I read some reviews of "Boneshaker" that intrigued me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How many pounds of books did you bring home altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole - It's probably going to take awhile. :)

    Jennifer - I'm looking forward to Tyger, Tyger. I was happy I got Matched; I'll probably be giving it away at some point, so check back for that.

    Amanda - I'll have to check those out; they aren't my typical genre preference, but I have definitely heard good things.

    Sandy - I think it worked out to less than seventy-five cents a book so I was happy!

    Serena - I really hope it does reference the poem; otherwise I'll be very suspect regarding the title.

    Jill - I certainly came home with a ton of books! It was so geektastic!

    Tara - Thanks for the link. I really am looking forward to reading that one.

    Jenners - I had never heard of it, but I read the back, begged for the copy, and got lucky.

    Lisa - I think I ended up with just under 100 pounds...crazy right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got REVOLUTION by Jennifer Donnely, too. Went to the author signing. It looks like a good one. I've not read any of Donnely's other works so I'm hoping it will draw me into her other books as well (I'm pretty sure she does both YA and adult fiction). I just finished MISTRESS OF THE REVOLUTION by Catherine Delors and am reading her next book FOR THE KING now, so I'm very much in the French Revolution state-of-mind. It's a fascinating period to read about.

    I used to work for the literary agency that represents Andrea Cremer and NIGHTSHADE...I haven't read it but I hope it's good! I've heard great things from the agents. Looking forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!