11 June 2010

BiPping the Bloggiesta

Bring on the Patron ladies and gentlemen as it's time for the Bloggiesta.  Meet Pedro...an industrious young one who understands the necessity for periodic blog bingeing. Pedro whose name is an acronym for Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize. will be my personal taskmaster this weekend as he encourages me to do bloggy related activities for as much time as possible.

This month the Blog Improvement Project is piggy-backing Bloggiesta, so by participating, I'm fulfilling so many wondrous obligations.  So what are my big plans you might ask?

To Do
  1. Write and schedule reviews for all read books
  2. Write at least five non-review posts 
  3. Complete the goals oriented task from the BiPpers
    1. I worked on my goals at the beginning of this year, and I'm still not done with those goals. I did, however, start going through the questionnaire provided by BiP.
  4. Revise my review policy
    1. Done! Well at least it's been updated a bit so my reading preferences, such as they are, have been listed.
  5. Learn about stats and think about whether or not I care...
    1. This was more beneficial than I thought.  For one thing, I had no idea that thousands of unique visitors had been to my site. That was cool - except I don't have thousands of followers....
  6. Find 10 new-to-me blogs and comment for Cass's challenge
  7. Play around with my template....maybe..oh god...should I?....AAAAHHHHH
    1. I opened a mirrored blog to play around with, but I'm not sure if I'll actually change my blog design or not.  While I would prefer my sidebars to both be on the right hand side - and I'd like a lighter background/darker text set up, I do like quite a bit about the way it is now.  What I really need is a coding/HTML whiz to play around with what I already have.
  8. Figure out where I'm at with challenges; make a mid-year challenge post
  9. Insert descriptions and metatags to coding
    1. Okay, I just don't know how to do this with my template.  See notes for number 7.
  10. Add copyright information
I think that's where I'm leaving things this time around as I have quite a bit to do this weekend.  We are going out for my father-in-laws birthday on Saturday, and then Sunday, a friend is heading down for swimming, food, and relaxation at my grandparent's.  Plus, I should really do the laundry, the dishes, and other domestic hullaballoo I completely dislike.

My Running Totals on Time
Friday: 5.5 hours
Saturday:
Sunday:

10 comments:

  1. Dishes who needs dishes? Sounds like you have a great weekend lined up! Let me know if there is anything I could help you with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Trisha! I'm going to be out most of the weekend so I've been doing my own personal Bloggiesta the last few days - catching up on reviews and posts, reorganizing my feed reader, trimming my subscribed blogs and adding new ones from BEA, doing the same thing with twitter...

    It's been fun. I love Bloggiesta, even if I had to work in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great to-do list and a busy weeken from the sounds of it. Have a great time! I'm Bloggiesta'ing right along with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do fine! I know you will. :) I've decided I will join in the fun as well, for Bloggiesta. OLE!

    (And possibly drink a margarita)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have trouble with the metatags too. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off I laughed out loud at number 5:) Secondly I don't even pretend to understand meta tags:( Good Luck this weekend!
    http://tilwereadagain.blogspot.com/2010/06/bloggiesta-starting-line.html
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Will Pedro be supplying the margaritas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun ... I always get sucked into doing stuff as I see others doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natasha - It's shaping up to be a fun weekend! Family, friends, and blogging.

    Amanda - Good for you for working in advance though!

    Andi - It feels good to get stuff done doesn't it?

    Mystee - I hope so too! I'm working on it at least.

    Jess - Margaritas are a must!

    Jehara - I can't figure the suckers out....but I plan on working on it tomorrow.

    Bobbie - :) I wish I was a coding whiz and could just do my own template, but alas I'm practically illiterate outside of basic HTML.

    Jill - Absolutely! Patron baby all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i came by to wish you good luck, but it doesn't look like you need it. you're moving along pretty fast! i love your site blog btw!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!