11 June 2010

May Movies


I'm a little late with this, but things got all confused with BEA and BBC and being a bit late on posting reviews and...I'll stop now.  While I typically discuss the movies I've watched over the course of a month, this time around I'll be talking about television.  The reason:  I didn't watch a movie all month.  I did, however, watch quite a lot of television.  And really watching television seasons on DVD is much more like watching a movie than it is like watching regular television, especially when you're watching three or four episodes in a row.

Supernatural

In the month of May, I watched the first four seasons of Supernatural, for the first time, thanks to my friends Jess and Jason who kindly lent me their DVDs.  Supernatural chronicles the life of two brothers, Sam and Dean, as they attempt to save the world from paranormal baddies such as ghosts, witches, and demons.  The lead characters are sexy, the soundtrack is awesome, and the plot is exciting with enough depth to keep my interest.  I can't wait for Season 5 to become available on SwapTree.

Entourage


Entourage is a fun, sexy show following the acting career of Vincent Chase as he and his three best friends navigate the waters of Hollywood with help from his agent.  My husband and I have powered through the first four seasons of this show this past month, and both of us love it.  This is unusual.  The hubby is extremely picky about his television.  He likes Lost.  He liked Firefly.  That's all I can think of.  Season 5 is ready and waiting, but we have to finish the final season of Lost first.

Robin Hood


Robin Hood is - surprise, surprise - about Robin Hood.  I'm in the middle of season 3, waiting for the next disc to come from Netflix.  Have I mentioned how much I love Netflix?  I'm enjoying the show; although I don't feel an obsessive need to watch it for hours on end like I do with Supernatural and Entourage.  I will definitely watch the rest of the show though.

Southland


Southland is a unique style of cop drama.  Instead of each episode focusing on one crime/criminal and going through the whole crime-detection-prosecution cycle, the show has a more documentary style feel.  We are observing 8 cops - officers and detectives - going about their business.  I've only seen the first season, but I will be grabbing the second season as soon as possible.

Okay that should cover me.  All in all, it was a very enjoyable month despite the fact that I was sick for about 2 1/2 weeks - hey, how do you think I got so many seasons done in one month?

3 comments:

  1. This look like interesting shows. I am especially intrigued by Southland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? There's a Robin Hood TV show!??! uh oh... I just bot my hub for his birthday The Errol Flynn Robin Hood movie, the Kevin Costner one, and -- let me go check -- the Patric Bergen (Uma Thurman) one. I still need to get Men in Tights. and probably a few I don't even know about! (there's the Sean Connery thing, I suppose...) Anyway, COOL! I'll have to go to Netflix and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - There is just nothing quite like TV on DVD, like superlong movies...

    Care - Wow, that's a lot of Robin Hood! Netflix has the first two seasons to watch Instantly, so start watching!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!