03 February 2011

Dystopian February

Lenore over at Presenting Lenore is hosting Dystopian February, her third month focusing on one of my favorite genres of literature. All you have to do to participate is read and review one dystopian or post-apocalyptic book; then you link up your review over at Presenting Lenore. To really get in to the spirit of things though, you should check out Lenore's site daily as she is featuring reviews, author interviews, Dystopian Mash Ups (which sound like so much fun), and contests and giveaways.

This is my first time participating, and I still haven't quite decided what I want to read most. I have a few dystopian/post-apocalyptic novels sitting on the shelves, but I need to focus on one or two, since I am also involved in three readalongs this month, plus I have four ARCs I need to read and review. Crazy stuff, but I'm more excited than overwhelmed.

So I urge you to join in the fun and immerse yourself in the fascinating, uncomfortable, prophetic, and cautionary world of dystopian fiction.

6 comments:

  1. That Lenore, she is a peach! And through more dumb luck than anything, I just finished "Delirium", and will contribute my paltry words to her theme later in the month. I just love that zombie chicken as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hoping I can get my hands on Delirium for this month! My library has it on order and I'm #1 on the hold list, but you never know how long it will take them to get the copies they buy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like every month these days is dystopian month! :--) But I'm not complaining, I'm really into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lenore's dystopian months and am going to be excited to see what you are reading to participate. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just received a new YA dystopia in the mail yesterday. Sounds like just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I read this post of yours because earlier today I saw that Lenore was hosting a Dystopian Challenge but didn't think I had the time to fit it in. Had I bothered to read it on her blog, I would know, as I do now from reading your post, that I only have to read one book and review. I was still feeling a little unsure about whether I could do that because I have several ARCS/books review. Then I read what you're reading for the month and not only did I feel better because I'm in good company and what's better than many books to read? Not much! :o) So Thank you! Besides, I've wanted to re-read 1984 for a long time & now I've got a good reason!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!