10 August 2011

Keywords Say What?

I recently looked at my Stats here on Blogger for the first time in at least five months. The numbers don't really interest me; however the Search Keywords which led people to my site definitely captured my attention. Here are the top ten:

10. Athena Talking to Zeus: My first guess was that this was referencing the many posts I did on the Percy Jackson series which I adored. Turns out it's more academic than that. My Odyssey posts back in November are the end result of this search.

9. Alison Bechdel Fun Home: ER...this goes to my review of Alison Bechdel's Fun Home. Obviously.

8. 432000: I am actually number one if you Google this number. Way back in 2007 I wrote a post on the significance of this number. I guess people actually care about it...

7. Maenad True Blood: Again, I was surprised by this one. I thought the search would take me to one of my posts on True Blood, but alas, it links up to my review of The Bacchae by Euripedes.


6. duckie outfits pretty in pink: Hahahahaha! I can't stop laughing at this one. Who doesn't love Duckie in Pretty in Pink?!?! In my review of All the Stupid Things by Alexandra Diaz, I make a filmic connection to Pretty in Pink, hence the searchage.

5. cut girls with "scars": This one scared me at first, but then I remembered I reviewed a book called Scars by Cheryl Rainfeld. I felt alright after that. And do you think they meant "cute" girls...

4. cary elwes w filmie dracula: My review of The New Annotated Dracula makes the most sense for this one; although I had to type "eclectic/eccentric" into the search box before I found it. Then again, I refused to search through pages and pages to find the link to my site.

3. calypso and odysseus cartoon: This one was a no-brainer. Just like number 10, this one refers to my posts on The Odyssey.

2. 30th bday: Yeah, I made a big deal out of my 30th birthday last year, so this one makes a lot of sense too.

1. come take care of me: WTF!?!?! I read this one like seven times before it even registered what the phrase meant. I could not figure out what it had to do with my blog. Turns out, people who click over to my site from this search find a poor-poor-pitiful-me post about how I was sick. I wanted this guy to "come take care of me":
So there you go. Most people who come to my site from a keyword search end up seeing these muscly arms. I wonder what exactly they think my blog is all about when they first come upon that post....

17 comments:

  1. LOL keyword searches are awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you do these and am always surprised when the weird ones pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be cool to be able to find out how long they actually stayed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, those are too funny. I'm always curious about those kind of things too... it's interesting to see what brings people to our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of people with fun search terms! I have the most boring search terms in the universe. I try not to think about what that means! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 funny. I wonder what they think? I'm thinking pretty darn sexy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't looked at mine in ages. Yours are cool (especially one that led to the doctor dude). I bet mine are boring like Jill's. The craziest thing I post are maybe pictures of Viggo, or perhaps the Wine Rack, where you fill a special bra with wine and drink it out of a tube. I need to jazz things up a little I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! it's fascinating to see what leads people to a blog! I should go check my own stats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahahahaha! I think if my first exposure to your site had been those muscly arms I might have been afraid to come back . . . although I do understand why you would want him to take care you while you were sick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty funny that the "come take care of me" post is such a big traffic generator. LOL!

    My search terms are wildly boring and lead me to believe that the world just wants me to do its homework, that is, if I'm not too busy helping the Silverwoods make more money from their shipwreck story, that I, uh, didn't even really like that much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah! I love keyword searches, and you've got some good ones there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEA?! What exactly IS your blog all about anyway? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get a few odd search terms from time to time too. They sure are fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandy - I would think a wine-filled bra would definitely bring some traffic to your site...

    Megan - LOL! My personal spammer seems intent on proving that white women make terrible wives.

    Care - Hot men. Definitely about hot men.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so funny!! I have to look at this stuff and see what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, they are great! One of the best ones I ever got was 'mistaken for a pony' which made me go WTF? Until I saw it linked to a post I'd done about a children's book in which there is a dog which is so big it is regularly mistaken for a pony. I don't really want to know under what circumstances one would want to google that phrase....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!