12 February 2012

January Summary

Okay, this summary is like 11 days late, but what can you do? I sort of forgot I even had a Summary Draft going. :)

ON THE BLOG

Total Books Read: 4

Favorite Book: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

Favorite Post: On Being Pregnant aka Demi Moore Can Kiss My Ass

Favorite Comment: Allie, from A Literary Odyssey, commenting on the above post:
"I love your honesty! :) I haven't had a baby (yet), but we keep talking about it. I would rather someone tell me all the icky pieces so I won't be wondering why I'm not pooping rainbows...know what I mean? ;)" [bold mine, too funny]

Top Wishlisted Books of the Month:
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride reviewed by Jill at Rhapsody in Books
Just a Geek and Dancing Barefoot by Wil Wheaton reviewed by Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings 
What I Hate from A to Z by Roz Chast reviewed by Jenners at Life...with Books 
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones reviewed by Amanda at Ramblings
Postcards from No Man's Land by Aiden Chambers reviewed by Ana at things mean a lot 

8 comments:

  1. Yay Howl! Yes I will keep pimping it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! Allie's comment was great. So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I Hate is an awesome book, and one you can read in a few minutes, which is a big bonus! My review of that one, inspired by Jenners of course, is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait--it's not January anymore?! ;) Hold Me Closer, Necromancer is definitely on my "look out for" list thanks to Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. Oh jeez...

    Amanda made me want to read Howl so badly. I haven't read it in years, but now it is staring at me from the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cover on the DWJ. Off to go read more abt those WilWheaton books and prep my meme post. (thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great books on your wishlist there, thanks for pointing me to a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had Howl's Moving Castle on my tbr list for ages. I saw the movie years ago and fell absolutely in love with it. One of these days I'll get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!