01 October 2012

Book Review: Winter's Passage

Title: Winter's Passage
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher/Year: Harlequin Teen / 2010
Source/Format: Bought / nook
Date Finished: 16 Sept. 2012
Book # 44

Series Reviews: The Iron King,

Buy | Borrow | Accept | Avoid

The Short and Sweet of It
A novella recounting Ash and Meghan's journey from the Iron Kingdom to Tir Na Nog, the center of the Winter Kingdom and the court of Queen Mab, Ash's mommy.

A Bit of a Ramble
Honestly, I barely remember what happened in this one except that I met the Big Bad Wolf which was awesome. I want more Big Bad Wolf. I am not really sure I fully read this, like actively read this. I read it at night after baby nut went to sleep, and as she was a bit sick, I wasn't actually getting good sleep, so I was pretty tired while I was plowing through this novella.

Then again, my lack of focus may have been the result of reading this out of order. The story takes place between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter, but I had already read both (and The Iron Queen), so I already knew what happened next. This lack of chronology bugs me something fierce, so my interest in finding out what happened was almost nil. My bad.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like one I can afford to miss. But -- wow! I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one, and should try to read it when I have some time. I actually need to go back and read this series from the beginning, since I've only read the third book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when you read things out of order!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!