30 March 2014

What I'm Doing Now | 3 March

Time and Place // 8:39 am (downstairs in the family room watching Madison draw remarkably asymmetrical faces on her easel), 8:41am (upstairs, Madison decided she needed her iPad), 8:57am (back upstairs after a quick trip downstairs to get her Doc McStuffins headband),

Eating and Drinking // Pancakes and water (because we are out of milk; I really must go to the store today)

Reading // Still trying to finish - to be honest, "get into" would be a better phrase than "finish" - Fardorougha the Miser (19th century Irish Lit). When I read it, I'm into it, but it's hard to pick up because it requires so much more brain power than the YAL I've been reading lately. And my brain is tired pretty much all the time these days.

Watching // Currently trying - whenever I have a spare moment - to catch up on my DVRed shows, particularly Suits and The Walking Dead; although I have, at the moment, 448 recorded shows waiting for me. I'm pretty sure I will never catch up, so which of the following should be deleted: The Americans, Helix, Reign, and/or Revolution? These are the shows I'm either more than 10 episodes behind on or haven't even started.
Listening // My iPod is my go-to for music, but honestly I've been annoyed by almost every one of the 1000+ songs saved there. I blame overexposure. If anyone has suggestions for music that doesn't suck, please let me know.

Blogging // This past week I posted reviews of No Easy Way Out by Dayna Lorentz, the second in a series about people quarantined in a mall, and Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter, an otherworldly zombie thriller. I also posted a quick overview of my trip to Indianapolis for the Conference on College Composition and Communication which was geektastic.

Promoting // Jill at Rhapsody in Books reviewed a piece of kid lit that immediately went on my to buy list for Madison. Ana over at things mean a lot posted a collection of links that had me adding to my reader.

Hating // Being sick. Every time I get the slightest of colds these days, it morphs into full blown chest disgustingness. I've been down for the count four times since September with congestion, coughing, and fatigue. Very annoying.

Loving //

Avoiding // Organizing my pictures. Between the phone, the camera, dropbox, Shutterfly, and so on, my pictures are all over the place, and despite the fact that I know it will just get worse the longer I put it off, I can't seem to get on top of it.

Wanting // A photo scanner to start the massive picture project that has been floating around in my head for years. I want a flat bed scanner which will scan multiple pictures simultaneously and save each one in a separate file. If anyone has a suggestion, I would love to hear it as I am woefully ignorant about this type of tech.

So how are you guys doing this fine Sunday?

8 comments:

  1. It's funny looking at her picture and remembering when she was born! It's funny, that is, how blogging can feel like adding to a family the way you get to know all these things, and how you react to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have such a huge picture problem. First there are the old physical pictures, then there are the digital ones. Ugh. Seriously, if you find one of those scanners that you mentioned, E-MAIL ME about it. This needs to be a long-term project for me too. And you read about how my days are going, now that I'm up to my armpits in TV series catch-up. I'm so flipping distracted, I'm going in ten different directions. Good thing I'm not counting on book reviews to support my blog anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is adorable, obvs.

    When music gets on my nerves, I turn to podcasts, though some of those have been annoying me for a while. I think I just need a break.

    Anyway! Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler is great except you can't listen to it around your daughter, alas. Well, unless you want her to curse like a sailor. I don't judge. I just make sure I give enough information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one that has a DVR full to the top with shows! I'm about 10 episodes behind on Walking Dead, have last summer's entire season of Falling Skies (and it's almost time for the next one), several episodes of Sleepy Hollow, several of Grimm, and several of Helix. I don't know when I'll ever catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trips up/down stairs sound like my running back and forth between rooms. I'd really get more exercise if we lived in a two-story house. One day. One day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, the photo proliferation issue. I'm at a loss, too. I came back from vacation and even though Shutterfly made me a lovely photo book, I haven't had time to edit out the sucky pics or re-arrange plus the fact that it costs $80 of something crazy and I long for the days we just dropped off the film and thru the pack in a drawer. Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good day. I also have a dvr problem, and those canon pixma photo printers are good! There are so many versions but just look up the one with the best reviews. A lot of them don't go past $120.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey--I think that face looks pretty good! I think it's safe to say that Elle will not likely be an artist. ;) And I love that picture of Madison looking at the camera. She is a beauty! And getting so big.

    I don't do DVR anymore. Ok, except Grey's and SVU (yes, I still watch those shows) but Scott doesn't watch them with me so I let them build up until he's gone and then binge watch. Instead we stream on netflix. Right now we're doing Lost.

    Hmmm. This won't work for your ipod but if you have an iphone I regularly listen to the Alabama Shakes station on Pandora. Or Phoenix or Vampire Weekend. Sometimes XXs. Just depends on what mood I'm in.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!