16 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Best of 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see the list of future topics click here.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Warrior Women by Jeannine Davis-Kimball
Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: The Raven BoysThe Dream Thieves, Blue Lily Lily Blue
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Pilgrim's Wilderness by Tom Kizzia
Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher
The Martian by Andy Weir

Okay, maybe I cheated a bit by including three books and counting them as one, but hey, I tend to think of series as one long book.

What are your favorite books of the year?

11 comments:

  1. The only one of these that I've read is The Fault in Our Stars, which made my favorites last year. A bunch are already on my wishlist, and Dear Committee Members and The Martian have just been added! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically I need to read Maggie Stiefvater. 13 Reasons Why was a really powerful read for me. I'm the only person on the planet who didn't LOVE The Fault in Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFIOS. YES. I read it in 2013 and I'm STILL recovering! I'm reading The Martian now and loving it so far. And Dear Committee Members is definitely on my TBR list! (It's totally fine to cheat. Ahem.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stiefwater #FTW! I have to re-check Warrior Women out from the library. I got it on your recommendation previously but didn't have time to read it. Need to correct that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a book by Julie Schumacher many years ago, and I loved it. I will definitely pick up Dear Committee Members, especially since you recommend it so highly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't Pilgrims Wilderness just worth of banging your head against the wall? OMG! TFIOS was wonderful (on my list the year I read it...2 years ago?) and The Martian was on mine this year. I think it will be on quite a few lists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Counting three books as one seems FINE. Not cheating at all in my opinion. My list for this year would do exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could get into Green's novels. I know he's good but i just can't finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't thought much but THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO!!!! such a devilish good read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you re: the Raven Cycle, and I'm so glad Lolita made your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think counting a series as one book is totally legit :) I want to read Dear Committee Members a lot -- it sounds so funny.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me baby!