15 February 2015

Currently | 15 February 2015

Time and Place // 7:20pm Saturday night on my red couch taking time off from grading papers

Eating and Drinking // Just got done eating S'mores brownies my husband and daughter made for Love Day (Daniel Tiger's version of Valentine's Day)

Reading // I just finished The Kids from Nowhere, a nonfiction first-person account of one teacher's efforts to help a group of Eskimo students in the Future Problem Solvers academic competition. It was awesome. I'm still reading Emily St. John Mandel's Station Eleven, and while I'm enjoying it, I find it very easy to not read it for extended periods of time.

Watching // A mish-mash of DVRed programs from Elementary to NCIS: LA to The Walking Dead to Suits to The 100 and on and on and on. Honestly they are all blending at this point.

Listening // The Kidz Bop version of "Call Me Maybe" over and over and over. Kill me now.

Blogging // Last week I posted a Top 10 Tuesday on my likes and dislikes in bookish romances and I argued that The Night Circus is a modern classic.

Loving //


6 comments:

  1. The video is adorable, as is the picture at the end of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S'mores brownies!? Oh my. I think I need those in my life.

    I have Station Eleven waiting for me. I sure hope to get to it one of these days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. S'mores brownies are fantastic!! I make them often during the holidays and are always a hit. And I totally get what you mean with Station Eleven. It's beautiful, but not something I kept wanting to pick up. It's a bit odd that it is that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister keeps telling me I should read The Night Circus - must get to it soon. Love the pic of your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will kill you for the Call Me Maybe song because I would totally want you to do the same for me.

    The 100 is one of my fave shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may go insane. M loves it so much and now she knows some of the words....if I disappear from the blog, assume I have been committed.

      Delete

Talk to me baby!